Dubuque Area Radio Road Report, September 30, 2021
Dubuque Area Radio Road Report September 30, 2021
Expect intermittent lane closures and travel restrictions On US 20 near North Cascade Road through the end of September.
Expect construction-related travel restrictions on US 52-Hwy 136 between New Vienna and Luxemburg with lane closures and pilot cars in operation intermittently through October 22.
Wisconsin Highway 11 will be closed between Highway 35 and Highway 80 for construction through November 19th. Traffic will be detoured.
Wisconsin Highway 81 is closed between US 61 and Ridge Avenue near Platteville. Work is expected to be completed in November.
In the City of Dubuque:
- The westbound right-turn lane on Highway 20 at University Avenue will be closed for underground utility boring from until 5:00 PM today, September 30th.
- The eastbound left-turn lane on Highway 20 at University Avenue will be closed for underground utility boring from 7:00 AM until noon today, September 30th.
- Bluff Street between 3rd and 5th Streets and 4th Street from the Fenelon Place Elevator to the alley between Bluff & Locust Streets will be closed on Saturday, October 2 from 6:00 AM until 5:00 PM due to a city-permitted special event.
- Traffic will be re-routed on Chavenelle Road during reconstruction. Phase 2 of the project is scheduled to begin tomorrow, October 1st. During Phase 2, the south side of Chavenelle Road, between the Northwest Arterial and Radford Road, will be closed. The newly-paved north side of Chavenelle Road will be westbound one-way traffic only. The estimated completion date is November, 2021.
- An eastbound lane of Pennsylvania Avenue between Radford Road and Embassy West Drive will be closed for sidewalk construction through 5:00 PM Friday, October 1. This lane closure will be closed during daytime hours, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- The southbound right turn lane on Wacker Drive at Hwy 20 will be closed for underground utility boring from 8:00 AM today, September 29 until 5:00 PM Thursday, Sept. 30. This lane closure will be closed during the day, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
- East 10th Street between Jackson Street and Washington Street on both sides of the road will be closed to parking for brick paver replacement from 8:00 AM today, September 29 to 5:00 PM tomorrow, September 30. The parking will be open after 5:00 PM.
Washington Street between East 9th Street and East 10th Street on the east side of the road will be closed to parking for brick paver replacement from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Friday, October 1.
In Dubuque County:
- Washington Mills Road will be closed near the intersection with 193rd Avenue. Northern Natural Gas will need to close a portion of the road so that a temporary bypass pipeline can be laid. Work is estimated to be completed in early October. Traffic will be detoured.
- Millville Road will be closed from Gun Club Road to Girl Scout Road for bridge replacement. The road will be completely closed at the location of the bridge while this work is completed. Work should be completed in October.
- Traffic will be restricted with occasional closures on Roller Coaster Road for resurfacing from East Pleasant Grove Road to the Kearney Road/Simon Road intersection. The project is expeceted to be completed by mid October.
- Cox Springs Road will be closed with traffic detoured onto Sundown Road for reconstruction. The project is expected to be completed by the end of October.
- Chesterman Road will be closed for bridge replacement from Cottingham Road to Thunder Hills Road. Work should be completed by late October.
- Tom Lucas Road will be closed from Kluesner Road to Holy Cross Road for utility work. Local Traffic will have access. Work should be done between October 5th and October 12th.