Condoms and Pregnancy Tests Recalled By Big Discount Retail Store
Should you be buying your condoms, birth control, and home pregnancy tests at a Discount Dollar Store? That question is more apt today than ever before.
It's often unexpected, but here's another recall deserving of your attention, mainly because some of the products may impact your life. Or, in this case, lead to the start of a new one.
You won't have to be concerned if you haven't had a good reason to use those items. But if you have an unexpected baby on the way, we will know why it's genuinely and aptly named the Family Dollar store.
Family Dollar initiated a voluntary recall of several products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products were stored and accidentally shipped to some stores around May 1, 2022, through June 10, 2022. That alone is not the reason for the recall. However, the items may have been stored in situations outside of the labeled temperature requirements.
The recall affects dozens of products, including Over-the-Counter Medical Devices and Over-the-Counter Pharmaceutical Products.
Although no consumer complaints or medical conditions have been reported, the recall is done out of the company's desire to be safe rather than sorry.
The recall is at the retail store level; not all products listed were sent to all stores. Family Dollar has sent notice to local stores to check the inventory asap and to withdraw and discontinue the sale of any affected products. If a customer has bought one of the affected products, they may return it to the Family Dollar where they purchased it. A receipt is not required.
The list is lengthy and is viewable here. However, some essential items that could lead to a potential pregnancy stand out. So head this warning if you have purchased your birth control at a Family Dollar Store in recent months.
Recalled Items Include:
- 900260 CLEARBLUE SMART COUNTDOWN PRGNCY TEST 1CT
- 901260 VERIQUICK PREGNANCY TEST 1CT
- 903409 SKYN ORIGINAL NON LATEX CONDOM 12CT
- 900794 LS SKYN NON LATEX LUBRICATED CONDOM 3CT
- 903415 SKYN ELITE NON LATEX CONDOM 12CT
- 939504 VERIQUICK PREGNANCY TEST 1 CT
- 902816 TROJAN ULTRA RIBBED LUBED 3CT
- 903756 VERIQUICK PREGNANCY TEST 2 CT
- 999763 TROJAN ULTRA THIN CONDOM LATEX 3CT
- 998221 SKYN ELITE LARGE NON LATEX CONDOM 12CT
- 998869 PREFERRED UTI TEST 1 CT
- 900265 LIFESTYLES ULTRA SENSITIVE CONDOMS 12CT
- 901443 KY JELLY LUBRICANT 2 FL OZ
- 900752 AT-HOME MARIJUANA TEST STRIP
Customers with questions regarding this recall may contact Family Dollar Customer Service at 844-636-7687 between 9 am and 5 pm EST. Additionally, customers should contact their physician or health care provider if they have experienced any problems that may be related to using these products.
Adverse reactions or quality problems experienced with this product may be reported to the FDA's MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program either online, by regular mail, or by fax.
- Complete and submit the report Online
- Regular Mail or Fax: Download the form or call 1- 800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178