The City of Dubuque is hosting a daily update on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please do your part to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Continue to social distance when you are around people who are not part of your household.
- When you cannot social distance, please wear a mask.
- Remember to wash your hands frequently and cover your coughs and sneezes.
January 26, 2021
Dubuque County: 30 New Cases, 42 Recoveries, and No New Deaths.
Iowa: 786 New Cases, 1,706 Recoveries, and 4 New Deaths.
Yesterday's video update outlines the many unknowns that the Dubuque County Public Health Incident Management Team faces when it comes to vaccine availability. We are all eagerly awaiting a return to normal, however we must use the weapons we have in our armory now to protect ourselves and our community. Click here or on the image above to watch the video.
24-HOUR CHANGES & NEW TOTALS
(11 a.m. yesterday to 11 a.m. today)
- 30 new cases.
- Total confirmed cases to date = 11,671
- 786 new cases.
- Total confirmed cases to date = 314,066
- Dubuque County: 1,079 active cases (12 less than yesterday)
- No new deaths.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 159
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 150, Contributing Factor Deaths = 9
- 4 new deaths.
- Total deaths related to COVID to date = 4,492
- Underlying Cause Deaths = 4,095, Contributing Factor Deaths = 397
- Dubuque County Residents Hospitalized = 3 as of Jan. 24. (same as Jan. 23)
- Iowans Currently Hospitalized = 415 (32 more than yesterday.)
- 85 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 50,885
- Total tests to date = 139,098
- 3,012 more individuals tested.
- Total individuals tested to date = 1,451,984
- Total tests to date = 3,525,278
PERCENT POSITIVE CASES
- Past 14-day average = 10.3%
- Past 7-day average = 8.0%
- Past 14-day average = 9.9%
- Past 7-day average = 8.6%
- New recoveries = 42
- Total number of recoveries = 10,433
- New recoveries = 1,706
- Total number of recoveries = 276,451
LONG-TERM CARE FACILITY OUTBREAKS
2 long-term care facility outbreaks (1 less than yesterday) with 83 current positive cases, 13 new positive cases in the last 14 days, and 54 recoveries:
- Ennoble Nursing & Rehabilitation, Dubuque (64 current positive cases, 1 in the last 14 days, and 54 recoveries)
- Stonehill Care Center, Dubuque (19 current positive cases, 12 in the last 14 days, and 0 recoveries)
60 long-term care facility outbreaks (8 less than yesterday) with 1,941 current positive cases (residents and staff), 1,102 recoveries (residents and staff), and 1,865 resident deaths from all Iowa LTC facilities to date.