Dubuque Area Radio Road Report, August 6, 2021
Dubuque Area Radio Road Report August 6, 2021
On US 20 near North Cascade Road expect intermittent lane closures and travel restrictions through the end of September.
Wisconsin Highway 81 is closed between US 61 and Ridge Avenue near Platteville. Work is expected to be completed in November.
Travel will be restricted with flagging operations underway at the interchange of Wisconsin Highway 80 and Wisconsin Highway 11 with construction there expected to be complete by August 24.
Wisconsin Highway 133 is detoured between Cassville and Bloomington for construction through September 15th.
In the City of Dubuque:
- Clarke Drive near Clarke Crest Drive will have shifted traffic for a private utility repair through 5:00 PM, Thursday August 12. Motorists will need to follow the posted detour route and watch for flaggers.
- Eastbound Traffic on Pennsylvania Avenue will be detoured at Van Buren Street for pavement milling through Friday, August 13th.
- One lane of John F. Kennedy Road will be closed for Water Main Repair between Asbury Road and Foothill drive From 7:00 PM Sunday, 08/08/2021 through 7:00 PM on Wednesday, August 11th. Traffic will be shifted to available lanes.
- The Chavenelle Road Reconstruction Project is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 9. During the project, traffic from Radford Road to the Northwest Arterial will be maintained as eastbound one-way traffic. All westbound traffic will be detoured from the Northwest Arterial to Pennsylvania Avenue to Radford Road. The estimated completion date is November, 2021.
In Dubuque County:
Cox Springs Road will be closed from the intersection of Ulyana Drive to Burds Road for underground utility/storm culvert installation work. Roadway work should be completed by the end of the day on Friday, August 6th.
Surface milling projects will cause travel restrictions on the following roads:
- Military Road
- Schueller Heights Road
- North Cascade Road
- Horseshoe Road
There will be flagger cars and one-lane traffic through mid August. Paving on affected road sections will cause restrictions to be in place at a later date.
- Chesterman Road will be closed for bridge replacement from Cottingham Road to Thunder Hills Road. Work should be completed by late October.
- Karper Harbor Road will be closed for bridge replacement from Kearney Road/Farley Road to McAllister Road/Hartbecke Road. This project should be completed by mid to late August.
- Simon Road will be closed for bridge replacement from - Hwy 151 to N Cascade Road. The estimated completion of this project is mid September.
- Steger Road will be closed for bridge replacement between Hwy 136 and Roling Road. The estimated completion of this project is early to mid September.
- McAllister Road is also closed for bridge replacement. The road should open by late July.
- Tara Lane will be closed for bridge replacement From McAllister Road to deadend. The old bridge will be removed and replaced. The road will be completely closed at the location of the bridge while this work is completed. Work is expected to be done by August 6.