A List of Tri State Happenings
If you have an event you would like posted please send an email to Bruce Wolter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Saturday Morning
-A Fresh Start Legends in the Making Football training from 10am-11:30am at Hempstead High School. Event for ages 6-12. For more info, call Coach Quinten Dukes at 563-564-6021 or Coach Titus Fair at 563-451-7368.
Now thru July
-The 6th Annual Shop with a Cop event at Target returns to Dubuque. Key Services will be seeking donations on behalf of the Dubuque Police Protective Association to help purchase school supplies for Dubuque Children. For more info and to make a donation, call 563-587-3813.
Sunday May 28
– Dubuque YMCA will hold a 3 on 3 basketball tournament at the YMCA. For more information, visit dubuquey.org.
Monday May 29
– Linwood Cemetery’s Avenue of Flags ceremony will be at 9:45 AM. The event will have music, a flag raising ceremony, a 21 gun salute, and more. The Avenue of Flags will fly from May 24th to May 31st.
Monday May 29
– The 8th Annual Grey Ribbon Crusade 5k, 1 Mile, and kids race will be at Senior High School beginning at 8:00 AM, registration from 6:30 to 7:30.
Tuesday May 30
– Mercy Medical center will host two classes at the Mercy Medical Center Education Room in Dubuque. From 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM there will be a “Healthy Living for Brain and Body” class. Following that from 2:45 PM to 4:15 PM will be “Benefits of Caring for a Person with Dementia.” Register at www.alz.org.
Thursday June 1
– Mary Beth Ingham will join Shalom Spirituality Center from 5:30 PM Thursday and continue until 9:00 AM Tuesday. To register call 582-3592 or visit www.shalomRetreats.org.
Friday June 2 and Saturday June 3
– The 7th annual Junk in the Trunk fundraiser hosted by The Point Neighborhood Association will be at the Perfection Oil Building. Event runs from 3:00 to 7:00 PM Friday and 8:00 am to Noon. Contact Sandy Plumley at 582-0028 or Erika Heiss 556-1350.
Saturday June 3
– Elizabeth Fire Department’s Annual Hog Roast and Dance will be held in conjunction with the Elizabeth Spring Fling. The station will open at 9:00 AM to view the fire equipment and visiting with the firefighters. Hog Roast begins at 4:30 and goes until 8:00 PM With entertainment at 7:30.
Monday June 5th
– Carnegie-Stout Public Library will begin registering adults for the annual summer reading program, “Come Sail Away.” registrations can be completed at the library or online at www.dubuque.lib.ia.us or in person at the library.
Thursday June 15
– Asbury Eagles Club hosts Burger Night from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Proceeds benefit Bell Tower Children Theater.
Sunday June 18
– Asbury Eagles Club hosts a Father’s Day Breakfast Buffet from 8:00 AM to Noon. Proceeds will benefit the Eagle Charities.
Thursday June 22
– 25th annual Luxembourg Buffet at Kalmes Restaurant in St. Donatus from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. They will feature Weinerschnitzel, tripen, sausage, desserts, and more! For more info and to reserve your spot, call 773-2480.
Saturday June 24
– A benefit for Rita Helbing will be held at Thums Up Bar & Grill at 3:00 PM. Food, games, prizes, and a silent auction will be held at the event.
Thursday June 29
– Dubuque Sertoma Club presents Kids got Talent at the Bell Tower Theater starting at 6:30 PM. Proceeds go to helping the hearing impaired in our community. Kids from 5 to 17 can call 258-1759 for more info or can go to sertomadbq.weebly.com to register or pickup a registration form at the Townsquare Media studios 5490 Saratoga Road
Fri July 7
-Dubuque Arts Council present The Texas Tenors at the University of Dubuque Heritage Center’s John and Alice Butler Hall at 7:30pm. For more info and tickets, visit www.dbq.edu/heritagecenter or call 563-585-SHOW.